Yesterday, I was honored to release two birds, a Great Blue Heron and an Osprey, to the area from where they came from. It was an amazing day!
Our Scarlet Macaw, Mucushi, is opinionated, bossy and always entertaining. She marches to the beat of a different drummer (but then, so do I). She is smart beyond words and, like most Scarlet Macaws, has a “look at how beautiful I am attitude”. Mucushi is totally unpredictable.
Alice and EdithWe have new ducks, as Alice and Edith have come to live here at our rescue. A predator took one of their flock mates and, a few days later, took another. Fearing for the safety of these two girls, their owner asked us to take them.
I dropped a bag on the floor, when I bent down to pick it up a sweet little Macaw voice asked “are you alright?” It was our very smart Scarlet Macaw, Macushi, asking the question. Macushi is one of the more challenging birds at the rescue. She does things on her terms.
Each morning when I feed the ducks in the front Barnyard I am greeted by our smallest goat, Spike. He has been with us for three months and is an estimated six months old. Although his girth has increased, he has not seemed to grow height-wise.
- Batwa’s Story November 9, 2014
- A Moluccan Cockatoo Named Picasso December 1, 2014
- Alexandrine Parakeet Will Be Calling Our Rescue Home November 6, 2014
- “Don’t Anthro-pomorphize” February 4, 2015
- It Was an Amazing Day August 26, 2015
- Opinionated, Bossy and Always Entertaining August 17, 2015
- Alice and Edith July 27, 2015
- Are You Alright? July 20, 2015
Please consider a monetary donation to help support the animal care and education the HSHAR provides.