I was out on the lanai talking and singing to our Blue & Gold Macaw, Tucano. While I was singing “I love you a bushel and a peck”, she chimed in with the biggest imitation of a human burp you ever heard. All I could do is laugh.
I love this boy. Captain Jack and Japura, his partner in crime were victims of severe neglect. In addition to the horrendous feather plucking he endured he also suffers from ruptured air sacs. Despite his issues he is a happy old man.
Our Scarlet Macaw, Mucushi, is opinionated, bossy and always entertaining. She marches to the beat of a different drummer (but then, so do I). She is smart beyond words and, like most Scarlet Macaws, has a “look at how beautiful I am attitude”. Mucushi is totally unpredictable.
Alice and EdithWe have new ducks, as Alice and Edith have come to live here at our rescue. A predator took one of their flock mates and, a few days later, took another. Fearing for the safety of these two girls, their owner asked us to take them.
- Batwa’s Story November 9, 2014
- Alexandrine Parakeet Will Be Calling Our Rescue Home November 6, 2014
- A Moluccan Cockatoo Named Picasso December 1, 2014
- Wilbur Watching Over His Flock February 17, 2015
- All I Could Do is Laugh September 9, 2015
- Captain Jack, A Happy Old Man September 1, 2015
- It Was an Amazing Day August 26, 2015
- Opinionated, Bossy and Always Entertaining August 17, 2015
Please consider a monetary donation to help support the animal care and education the HSHAR provides.